Posts tagged summer 2012.
Our Deal by Best Coast
“i wish you would tell me
how you really feel
but you’ll never tell me
cos thats not our deal”
Tongue Tied by Grouplove
Possibly one of the better summer songs I’ve heard as of late
Tried out the CXWORX (I honestly don’t know how it works as an acronym of any sort but basically an ab and buttt boot camp sort of revved up cardio) class today and I loved it. My muscles were shaking from the foreign feeling of being pushed to those limits but damn, after running 3 laps around the track afterwards…It felt good. Granted that I won’t be feeling so good come tomorrow morning when the soreness finally kicks in but I’m just going to continue to see it as weakness seeping out from within my body as well as my mind.
I just have to keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it in the end and that the pain is only temporary. That in the process of breaking down one thing, I’m piecing together something ultimately improved. Mind, body and soul.
Still in love with the way he makes it all look so effortless. Not to mention the way this was shot and the concept involved.
Pretty damn close to perfect as always.
- BERRIES FOR BEAUTY: Blueberries, strawberries & blackberries are all super high in antioxidants. The beauty of antioxidants is they can protect your skin from the inside out by guarding your cells from damage. Eat them as a snack, blend them in a smoothie or add to you morning.
- GREEN BEANS-Wind back the clock and stock up on foods like spinach, kale, broccoli and romaine. All of these contain vitamin B, E and C, as well as antioxidants that help fight off free radicals. They’re also one of the top sources of beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant that helps repair and renew your skin to give it a youthful glow.
- ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – Fish like Salmon, Tuna and Trout are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential ingredients to baby soft skin. Omega 3 fatty acids are widely known to help soften dry skin by holding in moisture, which helps decrease the look of wrinkles and plumps up skin.
- EGGS – Eggs are widely recognized as a great source of protein, however it is also an important component for clear skin. Eggs are a good source of zinc which acts by controlling the production of oil in the skin, and can also help control some of the hormones that cause breakouts.
- AVOCADO– Avocado contains ‘good’ fats which are essential to a healthy diet and a smooth complexion. The monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E help soothe red, irritated skin, whilst Vitamin C helps fight inflammation.
- WATER – It’s no secret that water is the holy grail of health. Our body weight is made up of 70% water, so in order keep healthy, we need to stay hydrated. When the skin is properly hydrated, it looks fresh and radiant. Drink at least eight glasses of h20 a day and notice the difference in your energy levels and complexion.
- GREEN TEA – When we aren’t drinking our eight glasses of water a day, we should be having a cup of tea. Green tea is full of antioxidants and contains polyphenols which help to reduce the signs of aging like wrinkles and lost of skin elasticity.
“Set your alarm for 6am. Don’t groan when it goes off and pull the covers over your head, get up and start your day. Put on a baggy top and running shorts. Go downstairs and pour yourself a nice big glass of ice water. Cut up some fruit and mix it in with yogurt. Add some granola. Now go outside. Stretch for 10 minutes. Skip for 5 minutes. Jog for 10 minutes. Run for 10 minutes. Walk back. Lay out a towel on the ground and lie down on it. Do 50 crunches. Yes, they hurt, but they are 100% worth it. When you’re done, get in the shower. Use a nice smelling shampoo and matching conditioner. Shave your legs and wash your body. Exfoliate your face. Get out of the shower and let your hair air dry. Look in the mirror. Do you like what you see? If you do, good for you. Do this every day and you will continue to love yourself. If you don’t like what you see, do this every day and pretty soon you will. Being lazy might feel good at the time, but being active feels better in the long run. How badly do you want it?”
- Contact registrar concerning online class and credit transfers
- Read up on more bio and ochem when possible, you need that knowledge to rock your internship dummy
- Pack bag for Cali this weekend
- Find and buy a sunscreen with a thinner and less greasy formula that you’ll actually use on the daily
- Quiz #3 is due today. 11:55. Don’t forget.
- Get better acquainted with your city, memorize all it’s pathways and avenues like the veins on the backs of your hands.
- Being off the radar and lowkey, is so underrated. Being in the constant admiration and more or less under the harsh scrutinity of the public eye is overrated. Enjoy your sense of freedom, loss of unnessesary stress for abit and regain your footing.
- Finish painting, finish sketches and finish the writings you promised. At this point execute more than what you intially promised. The satisfaction of a job well done will be worth it.
- Hit up the gym tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that…it’s included in your tuition so why the hell not.
- Work hard but don’t forget to play hard
- It is summer after all
- and “you only live once” apparently.
- So take chances, even when those chances offer possible heartbreak, a shot to your overwhelming sense of pride and failure
- You’ll be thankful, regardless, that you took them.
- And I can’t forget to mention
- that I just simply can’t
- get over the
- of typing
- by bullet